Business Development Executive
anessa is an award-winning software development firm that has developed the industry’s leading software to help firms capitalize on the growing area of biogas waste-to-energy projects. We will be expanding our reach to new customers by adding a seasoned sales professional to our team.
Save the Planet, at a Profit
The Business Development Executive is responsible to build the sales pipeline with new opportunities and manage them as they progress from early stage development through to close. The successful candidate will be skilled at listening, have a strategic mindset, and be able to work with a team to develop compelling solutions before presenting them to prospective clients. Other responsibilities will include: lead generation in growth markets, qualifying prospects, facilitating online and in-person demonstrations, and contract negotiation.
The successful candidate will work from a home office.
anessa has the industry’s leading biogas predictive analytics platforms. Anessa is headquartered out of New Brunswick, Canada while doing business in the United States, Canada, Europe and in other emerging markets. We offer a competitive salary and compensation package, benefits, and an opportunity to be part of an exciting journey that is having a positive impact on the environment.
How to Apply
Please send your résumé, and in a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org and outline how your background is well suited for this role. All applications will be received and held in strict confidence.
- Consultative selling to position the value of our solutions to potential customers
- Develop a deep understanding of the market, competition, and anessa products
- Develop business leads and convert leads into opportunities
- Prioritize viable opportunities
- Manage opportunities at each stage of the sales pipeline
- Contribute to the development and refinement of the company’s business development activities
- Contribute to the go-to-market strategy of our products
- Maintain entries in the CRM on an on-going basis
- Participate in industry events, and network at trade shows and conferences
- Assist in the analysis and evaluation of sales & marketing methods, costs and results
- Weekly sales reporting, participate in sales meetings, and other reporting as required
- Travel will be required
- University Degree in Business or Engineering
- 3-5 year’s experience in the biogas sector
- Minimum 2 years B2B selling experience
- Skilled at uncovering and nurturing opportunities from early stage to close
- Ability to interface with prospects at all levels within an organization
- Proficient at managing territories and planning
- Self-starter with a proven track record.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Must possess a strong sense of urgency for goal achievement.
- Valid Driver’s License